Collaborative Contracting using the NEC system of standard form contracts
Understanding Clients Objectives
It is common knowledge that in any procurement process, particularly of major assets with a considerable life cycle, the purchaser desires
- certainty of outcome during the development and construction to commissioning period,
- value for money, with least cost as a key factor and
- ease of operation and maintenance throughout the life of the asset.
Other key criteria in the South African context include:
- Unrelenting focus on health, safety and environment.
- Promotion of training and mentoring with key measuring and auditing constraints.
- Community development initiatives inclusive of measurement criteria.